04 October 2006

David Beckham and Darren Clarke

I was touched by this from golfer Darren Clarke's website

(You probably know that Darren's wife, Heather, recently died of cancer).


3 October 2006
Beckham Puts His Shirt 0n Clarkes

Darren Clarke writes …

I’ve never met David Beckham; I’ve no idea if he plays golf and, to be honest, I’d no idea he had any idea who I was.

Well now I do know because last week I received a parcel which proved to me what a scholar and gentleman the former England football captain is.

I was on the putting green at The Grove during last week’s American Express WGC event when somebody came over with a parcel addressed to me. Inside were three Real Madrid shirts all signed by David with personalised notes for myself and the two boys Tyrone and Conor.

It was a wonderful gesture particularly as it came from somebody I didn’t know personally. When I gave the shirts to the boys you should have seen their faces – they were beaming.

Full article: http://www.darrenclarke.com/ism/sites/clarke/clarke_article.shtml

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home